Friday, January 21, 2011

Terms and Conditions...




This is my busted right hand. No I did not want to fall down an escalator the other night and get all banged up! Of course I mutilated my right hand making it nearly impossible to work. Feeling badly I slunk away after I told my boss I couldn't work the next two days. He didn't ask how I was or if it broken...he just rolled his eyes and lectured me on how I was sick for two days two weeks ago and now I'll be out another two days.(which I found coverage for all)

365 days are in a year and a full time employee works roughly 260 of those days. I was sick/hurt for four of them. That's less than 1% of that 260. And I feel bad! WTF? My boss has been off/sick/or on vacation for more than half the time I've been there! Now I love my boss and we have a great time at work...as long as he's happy. He very generous and quite the comedian. He gets us our lunches and makes sure we get out on time. That's why it upset me that he wasn't nor has he ever been sympathetic to my brokenness or sickness. The whole 1% of the year. (Math done by Kash)

I know most of us work long and hard...but really there's no reason to. There's no prize at the end and there's not even a hug. Whatev's. See your 'just a job' for what it is...just a job. You're replaceable and not worth more to them than the shelack on the floor. Be proud for yourself not for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment