Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pictures...

I fortunately grew up around many talented and creative people. My sister with her physical appearance, my brother and his son with their art, my mom and nephew with their writing and I must mention all the art students I studied with and many of my great friends. Some say I'm talented in photo, sculpture, and painting. I can draw but in a very flat almost cubist way. But I'm not one to say I'm good, but I do think I see things differently than some. I see beauty in literally garbage...I go back and imagine what that went through before it ended up in dumpster. I guess that could be a bad or good thing because half the time I feel bad and take the crap home!

My point today is that now in this digital age EVERY ONE'S an artist. Especially when it comes to photography. This digital age of point and shoot automatic SLR cameras that are affordable and easily accessible is killing the real artists out there. Most of the folks that have an SLR don't even know what that means much less what ISO or f-Stops mean. And what about stepping up or down by one or two???

I don't mean to be rude but if you were not trained formally...aka...went to school and paid for it or at least apprenticed you should put the camera down and let the professionals do their thing. I'm not saying don't take snap shots just leave the art to the pro's cause you know, "when the going gets weird...the weird turn pro."

2 comments:

  1. I like your statement here. I 100% agree. Am I a artist? I say NO. I am a professional though. Let me do my job. Speaking of that, here is a shameless plug.

    Go visit the spectacular website of Travelin' Miles Photography right now

    http://travelinmilesphoto.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an artist with a great eye! And you just super excel in your technical abilities! I wish I was half as good as you!

    ReplyDelete